Dance with me

Friday, September 08, 2006

Sun and Moon

My job is very hard...it is draining emotionally, physically, and mentally. I love the birth process but I hate the stress at my job. Another nurse and I decided last night while charting at 9:30pm (we had been at work since 6:45am) that this job was taking years off our lives. Not a good thought. Time to reevaluate what I want from my job...I need to weigh the pros and cons.
As I was driving to work yesterday I could see the sun rising on one side of me and the moon setting on the other. I was in awe. I wanted to stop on the highway on the top of a hill (well, this is Abilene and the hill wasn't really very big) and just keep watching as the sun rose and the moon set. The moon was close to full and huge hanging near the horizon. It had a few clouds settled around it but it was in just the right place to add subtle color to the clouds...pale yellows, baby blues, and just a touch of pastel orange. Very subdued and elegant. The sun was rising with a little more drama....reds, fuschia, orange, yellow, and some deep blues. The day was promising good things. There were good things in my day but also some intolerable moments.
Driving out of the hospital parking lot last night at 10:00 I could see the moon, huge and hanging over Kirby Lake. At first glance it was the big gorgeous moon in the sky that caught my attention, but as I turned the corner under the bridge I could see that moon had lit about half the lake....the only word to describe it....luminous. I gasped as I saw it. I was frustrated with my job and yet God was saying....Look, look....see how amazing the world is...see what I have promised...I have promised light and hope and the chance to start over day after day.
Okay, one more day.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I love to watch the sun rise and set. Nothing speaks to my soul of His majesty and love more clearly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home