Dance with me

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Book Tag

Judy Thomas has tagged me and it has been fun to think of my answers for these questions. I love books!!!

1. One book that changed my life: The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
Okay, it is hard to just say one: The Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd

2. One book you have read more than once: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Right now I am reading Mockingbird by Charles Shields about Harper Lee

3. One book you would want on a desert island: The Bible and songbook with all my favorite songs

4. One book that made you laugh: We Thought You Would Be Prettier by Laurie Notaro

5. One book that made you cry: So B. It

6. One book you wish you had written: a book of the Bible....just want to know how it felt to write those words...did the
words just come to them or were they overcome with the Spirit? Did they feel warm or comforted or impassioned or
enraged?

7. One book you wish had never been written: Fascinating Womanhood... I think that was the title...pink book that my mother had that they used for ladies Bible class...I wish that women wouldn't have been exposed to the crazy stuff that was said in that book.

8. One book you are currently reading: Small Wonders by Barbara Kingsolver.

9. One book you have been wanting to read: Anna Karenina by Tolstoy

10. Booktag five other people: Ann, Sue, Katie and Tracy.

Judy's added questions:

11. One book you would like to see made into a movie: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

12. One children's book you always recommend: Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey

13. One young adult book you always recommend: So B. It ....don't remember the author
The Silent Boy by Lois Lowry

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Cool.
1. Changed my life? wow,
"Are you There God..." by Judy Blume and "Anne of Green Gables" by Montgomery. Maybe I was more impressinable as a kid.

2. "The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck

3. The Bible, and "Do-It-Yourself Raft-making" plus maybe "101 Coconut recipes."

4. laugh - "Idiot Girls..." by Laurie Notaro

5. cry - "Poisonwood Bible"

6. wish I'd written - "Why Take a Chance?" about my experiences in the CofC

7. not written - "What Women Want Most" by F. LeGard Smith

8. reading now - "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd

9. been meaning to read "Kite Runner"

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

1. One book that changed my life:
Can't think of one that changed my life....

2. One book you have read more than once: I've never read a book twice.

3. One book you would want on a desert island: The Bible

4. One book that made you laugh: The entire Janet Evanovich Series 1 For the Money, etc.

5. One book that made you cry: I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

6. One book you wish you had written: ????


7. One book you wish had never been written: Silas Marner

8. One book you are currently reading: To Kill a Mockingbird.. I've never read this book and so far it's great!

9. One book you have been wanting to read:
Marley and Me

12. One children's book you always
recommend: Bridge To Terebithia


Julie-
Every time I read What You Know First, I bawl my head off. You read that at Rachel's luncheon before she got married. When we move (which is pretty often these days) I read that to the kids to try to teach them that we take a little bit of every place we live with us each time we move. I can't read that book without crying like a baby. My kids thing I'm nuts!
Thanks for introducing it to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home