Dance with me

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Vacation

I am currently sitting in an internet cafe in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. It is late and I am very tired because we got up to see the sunrise. It was really too cloudy to see the sunrise but it was a great way to start the day.
Rehoboth Beach...many summer memories from childhood until now. Mark and Gina Lewis, wish you were here and we need to plan on next summer or the one after that. You need to relive some memories here with us.
This trip so far:
lots of sunscreen, Tom and Maureen and Chris spending Sunday with us, sun, sand, talks on the porch, glasses of wine, laughing, watching Lucy and Sofie in their quiet moments of conversation and puzzle working, Lexie and lipstick, Emily and the waves, Mary Kate and Lexie giggling on the blanket with their heads together, lots of alternative lifestyles, Sue-the amazing domestic goddess, snatches of time with Ann, bike rides and surrey rides, a long walk, ice cream and gelato, fantastic pizza, shopping, boys and their rubberband guns, scooters, and some whining, sandwiches with just a little sand, cold water...and there is more to come.

4 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger deb said...

Sound great! I really miss you. I'm at a crisis of faith and I could use a friend...or the beach :-) Either would help me see God right now.
See you at Zoe!
PS Do you need a place to stay...I'm going alone.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Candy said...

You have had a most excellent summer I would say. I envy you.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger stacie said...

So jealous! I remember going to Rehohboth Beach with you guys way back in the day (or some beach). Wish I was there now!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Julie,
Hope you had a great time.

My dad told me to tell you he responded to you on an earlier post on my blog and in his repsonse to your comment, he forgot to list his phone number. Not sure I want to post it on your blog (or that he should either) so when you get a chance email me: sntmac@yahoo.com
and I'll pass it along.

I've missed your posts..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home