Dance with me

Friday, July 28, 2006

Nick Hornby

I am reading Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down. It was a little hard to get started but I am really liking it now. It is about four people who meet while on a rooftop. They are on the rooftop because they want to commit suicide. They all have different reasons but talk each other out of it and continue to have contact with each other over several months time. Nick Hornby is such a great writer and everything he has written has made me think....and think long and hard. Relevant to our culture and very deep. Yes, there is a ton of swearing in this book but it is fitting for the people who are swearing...so, I am okay with that. If you haven't read his other stuff...find it and read it...would love to have some book discussion here.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I am currently reading "The Mermaid Chair" because of you :) I saw that you mentioned it in an earlier post. I like it but wish I had more time to read it. I can't believe that you were able to finish it in one day! I guess I have 3 excuses, though - a 7 year old and 5 year olds twins :) They keep me busy and exhausted!!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

My mom game me the mermaid chair and I just finished it! It took a little while to get into but once I finished it, I enjoyed it.

Let me know what you thought of it when you finish Tanya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home