Dance with me

Monday, July 17, 2006

Faces

I am haunted by the faces of Fortress...the children who spend every afternoon at the building, Jerica, Andrew, the sad, homeless men, children who look like they have the life knocked out of them and their mothers who could possibly be down for the count, the neighborhood men at the "party house", the middle-aged woman hanging her rugs over her porch railing, the quiet family who appeared scared and lost in the women and children's shelter, and Mary. Faces tell so much and those faces are still talking to me. I need to let them haunt me a little longer and then I will write about them.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

In all of our comfort and luxury, it is easy to forget how truly hard life can be. It's great that you could do a little to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home