Dance with me

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lipscomb

The end of last week Mary Kate and I were in Nashville at Lipscomb for Advance...Lipscomb's parent/student orientation. Four years ago I took Drew to Advance. Okay, Drew is still a junior but it really was four years ago. The Lipscomb campus has been transformed recently. It is beautiful and appears that special care has been taken to make it so beautiful. It looks like a Southern Ivy League school. When I was there with Drew, the school looked tired and now a new wind has been blowing and I think I like it.
I believe the one blowing that new wind is the new president of Lipscomb, Randy Lowry. Randy and his wife, Rhonda, are working hard. They were so accessible at Advance and were willing to chat with all of us. Randy spoke to the parents on Thursday night. I could feel the Spirit moving as he spoke. I love that he wants to know the students. I love that he is willing to put money back into the school. I love that he cares that there are trees on the campus. I love that he looks you in the eye as he talks with you. I love that he and his wife are real people. I love that his wife asked for prayers for this transition time. I love that he cares about the quality of the faculty. But most of all, I love that he wants the students to be mission minded adults who live out Jesus in their communities. I love that that is the most important thing to him.
I believe that we are going to see some amazing things come out of Lipscomb...students, ideas, theology, service, art, music...and I am excited that my son and daughter will be a part of that.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Malia said...

Hey Julie! (I hope you have these comments e-mailed to you since this is a comment on a post from a couple of weeks ago!)

Yes, Randy and Rhonda are wonderful people. They have both spoken at OC on separate occassions and I had the priviledge of attending a lecture that Rhonda gave during Lipscomb's Summer Celebrations at the beginning of July. I think this is the best move Lipscomb ever made in hiring a president. Randy and Rhonda are a team and they have the school's best interests at heart, not their own.

So...when y'all bring Mary Kate to Lipscomb next month, please, please, please get in touch with me, I'd love to see you again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home