Dance with me

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trials

Oh...my...gosh!!! I am so frustrated at this moment! Here I have been talking about baptism and now I am being tested....it is hard to live the baptized life when you are booking airline tickets. I have been on the computer and then the phone for the past two hours. I started with Orbitz because they sent me an email with some deals on it. I went through the whole process twice and then finalized the reservations with them. I received an email immediately saying that they were confirming my rental car reservation but no airline reservation. I tried American Airlines site and they just kept telling me that I had too many browsers open at the same time. I didn't have any other browsers open...what were they thinking? So, I went to Travelocity where everything went smoothly until I put in my address...now let me tell you that the last time I tried to use Travelocity there was a problem with my address and I had to call customer service and wait forever for them to fix it for me. They assured me last time that it was fixed permanently but guess what...today I had the same problem. I called customer service again. I was on hold forever and then finally a service representative. Here's our conversation...

How can I help you?
I am trying to book flights with you and it says there is an error in my address.
Well, we have been experiencing technical difficulties. Hang up and try again in one hour.
No, I have had this problem before and they said they fixed it last time.
Can I put you on hold for a couple of minutes?
Sure.
Will you start over in booking your flight?
I have already done that several times.
Could you just do it one last time?
Sure.
I am now at the part where I put in my address. My address is now in.
Can you give me your address?
I just typed it in.
I know, but now give it to me.
Can I put you on hold for a couple of minutes?
Sure.
Can I put this flight through over the phone? I will have to charge you $19.99?
Why do you have to charge me?
To do it over the phone.
But this is the same problem that I had before and it was supposed to fixed.
Can I put you on hold for a couple of minutes?
Sure.
Okay, I won't charge you $19.99 but I need to charge a service fee of $5.
Okay.
Can I put you on hold for a couple of minutes?
Sure.
Okay I can put you on these flights but it will cost you a service fee of $15.
Whatever, I just need these flights booked.

At this point, I checked my email and Orbitz had sent an email saying that they were just waiting confirmation from the airlines and my flights would be booked.

Me: I am sorry, but I think you just need to cancel those reservations. I think my earlier attempt worked.
Him: You don't need these anymore?
Me: No, I think I already have tickets.
Him: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me: No, that is all. Thank you.
HIm: We hope you consider Travelocity in the future for all your travel plans.

The last part of that conversation...very stilted and kind of sarcastic.

Aaaargh!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Aarrggghhh!
I HATE that stuff. Those emotions are there if you are baptized or not.
I love technology and I hate it. I need tech support and I dread it.

I hope your trip was worth the aggravation.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger julie said...

Ann, that is our trip to the beach with you. I am so glad that it finally worked out. I couldn't do without that trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home