Dance with me

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Away

I will be away for a week. Most of that time I will not be near a computer. I love the computer and the quick communication that it provides but it is also good to be away from it for awhile. Please use this time to let me know who you all are. I would love to hear your names and voices. I know they are typed words but I still feel like I hear your voices as I read your words. Tell me about yourself. Your name. Your city. We did this once on Gal328 and it was hysterical. It ended up sounding like a beauty contest. I even asked then if we were doing a bathing suit competition. Okay, since we are going the beauty pagent route...name your talent. Describe your bathing suit. Describe your evening gown...guys, your tuxedo needs to be in detail. Also the question always asked...What would you do to change the world? Okay, we don't have a soundproof booth but you can answer anyway. Can't wait to read your responses. I will be in Maryland and Virginia...let me know if that is where you are.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Jacque said...

Hey Julie...
This is Jacque Holton from Fairfax, VA (and I'm actually home at the moment too). Found your blog from Katie Noah. It's a small world, isn't it?! Hope you have a lovely trip. My dream bathing suit is in the museum of costume in Bath, England - 1930's style with cute red and white striped shorts and halter-top bikini. Now, how can I get it in time for this beauty pageant? For the evening gown - think Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. There are so many things I would do to change the world - today I'm thinking about the Alpha Course so I'm going to go with that answer.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

Julie,
You know me as Calvin but I go by G'ampa C on my blog. Talents: I grill some mean ribs and chicken, I'm somewhat artistic, I can play a harmonica in 3-part harmony with no hands. I'm a good geologist and I can find oil.
Passions: Babies, my family, communion, singing the Stamps-Baxter songs, Life team, honesty, creation, a flowing oil well, etc...(the older I get, the more I have).
Tuxedo: Hawaiian floweredy shirt (vivid red, orange and yellow flowers over a jet black background),with 2 strings of Kukui beads, dark blue slacks over a pair of palm-tree -adorned flip flops. Is that stylin', or what?
Me in a bathing suit is not a mental image I will pass to anyone over the WWW.
What would I do to change the world?
I would better learn to give of myself to those who have little. I would have every single Christian in the world praying for their enemies every day...not in generalities, but that they would discover and be led by Jesus. I would introduce people who hate others or themselves to my friend Julie, who loves everyone. I would have every person who is able do a random act of kindness every day. I would break the Bread of Life with everyone who claims Jesus as Lord.
I'm in Abilene, and miss you. I played ping pong with your hubby on Thursday. Travel with God's Angels.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm suddenly having visions of Miss Congeniality. I'm not as far removed from beauty pageants as Gracie Hart was, but it's still a long shot! But here I go...

My talents? I sing, play flute, knit, write, edit, answer e-mails like a pro and can wiggle my ears.

My bathing suit? A nice bikini or tankini - modest but alluring. Let's go with pink and white hibiscus flowers or pink and black. (Deep rose pink, not baby pink and NOT neon.)

My evening gown? So many choices! Either crimson or black; long; strapless or halter...some beading detail, but not overkill.

Changing the world? I'd limit everyone's TV viewing to 2 hours a day at the most. People need to spend more time outside the screen. I'd try to make it possible for everyone to have jobs they loved, or at least liked. And I'd try to bring hope to those who have none...wait...isn't that what I'm doing here anyway?

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home