Dance with me

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Breakthrough

I just spent the weekend with Middle schoolers from Highland. It was such a good weekend. I am exhausted and I am positive the girls I was with are exhausted also. The first night they were up until 4am and the second night I am not sure when they went to sleep. Their families are going to feel their grouchiness for the rest of today but it was worth it. We spent the weekend talking about Jericho and walls. We wrote the walls we build between us and others and between us and God on the back of fence picket. The staff assembled the wall with the pickets and then we painted it. I wish that I could show you a picture of that beautiful fence. Each group painted a section and there were flowers and handprints and a Swiss flag and a cross and just blue and green paint smeared all over (this really was pretty). They took the fence with us out to the country where we were swimming and worshipping. We smashed our fence down with sledge hammers. We broke down our walls. It was cathartic to smash that fence. So much written on the other side...walls we needed to be rid of. My girls got it and were actually relieved to write it down and then smash it down. What walls do you have up that need to be brought down?

1 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Who was in your group, Julie? We kept the bubbas here at our house but I couldn't lead a group this year because Max was in a baseball tournament. Last year was a gas. I'm glad you had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home