Dance with me

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Stupid

I have just spent an eternity on the phone on hold...first with Travelocity and then with American Airlines. I booked Corey and Brittney's flights online with Travelocity. I sent the flight information to Corey and didn't think about it again. Corey checked his flight info tonight and then called me. I had booked the flights for last weekend...now what was I going to do?!!! The only choice I had was to book another flight for them. They wouldn't just change it to another flight because the date had passed. I felt terrible but I really want Corey, Brittney and baby Ava to be here...so, I paid for another flight for them. I will call American Airlines tomorrow to try to get at least some of the money back from the unused tickets.
Next time I book flights online I will have someone verify the dates for me....just like at work when you give certain drugs...you ask someone to check behind you just to be sure that it is all correct. I will do that from now on when booking flights online.
I felt so ridiculous explaining it to the airline representative. Oh well, kind of all fixed now...except the money part of it.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Julie!! I did that when I booked my ticket for Spring Break in Oxford! I booked the wrong dates first and didn't think twice about it...then found out Spring Break was a week later and I had to buy a new ticket. I did get the taxes & fees back on the first ticket, which was about a third of the cost. We are the same person. :) Good luck dealing with the airlines today! I love you!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Julie,
The important thing is.. they are coming! That is so frustating.
I am hoping (hint hint) that we get to see some family photos from your special family time. I'd like to see all of your kiddos but expecially your new grand daughter!

Have a fantastic time. I know you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home