Dance with me

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mark and Beth

Last night our small group said goodbye to Mark and Beth Hadley. I have only known them a short time but I have grown to love them. I shouldn't say that I have grown to love them because as soon as my daughter, Lucy, started talking about Mark and she loved him, then I loved him. Lucy went on the Promise Trip with the Middle Schoolers when we had only been in Abilene a couple of months and Mark went on the trip. Mark was her favorite person on the trip and made a huge impact on her.
Mark and Beth served us communion last night...sweet and intimate...my favorite way to do communion. They spoke to each of us personally and acknowledged who we each were and what kind of impact we each had on them. They both had such insightful things to say to Tim and to me. Mark did say that we were like Abraham and Sarah...I hope that doesn't mean that we are old. I loved watching them serve Carlee and Jolee...Jolee and Carlee's sweet little eyes fixed on them as they spoke words of love and encouragement to them.
Mark, I love your passion for Jesus. It is contagious. Beth, I love your joy. It is also contagious. (I can't wait to see your house because your description of it was so enthusiastic and joy-filled that I know it must be wonderful)

Being with Carlee and Jolee last night made small group seem so much like home. It made all of us miss Kerri all over again. Her girls are so full of life. Jolee entertained us all evening and stepped right back in where she left off with us. She sat on top of the beanbag and rubbed Brad's freshly shorn head. So funny and so cute.

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I missed you guys at lifeteam!! It was such a blessing to hear Katie re-live it for me last night, but I would have given anything to have been there. Love you guys.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger julie said...

Jeremiah, you are loved and you were there...didn't you feel it?

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Heather said...

WOW I didn't know you had a blod. That is AWESOME. I guess I will have to start checking it every once in awhile. I thought about you today. I took Diane a map to my house and I was like hey I know the people that live there. LOL I hope you are having a great week!
Love,
Heather

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger pawatson said...

I am so sad that we missed the Hadleys' last night there and Jolee and Carlee's first night back. It was one of those times when we wish we could be two places at once. As you all were gathering we were with Josh's dad at the cemetery. I know that being with the Bigbys was right where we needed to be, but still we missed being with you guys. - Patsy

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You are right, Julie...Jeremiah was there! And Patsy, so were y'all, and so was Kerri and so was Jamie...our hearts and spirits are always together when some of us gather. It was an amazing night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home