Dance with me

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More Learning from Work

I have been a labor and delivery nurse for almost 6 years now and I am still learning. There is still medical knowledge to be had. The finesse of working with a staff of medical professionals always can use some refining. But mostly I learn from my patients. Just recently I had a family that I can't stop talking about. They were young and didn't have much money but they were obviously in love. This was their fourth child and they seemed just as thrilled as they must have been when they had their first. Their children were adorable and well-behaved with just enough spunk to make them so fun. Both sets of grandparents were warm and caring and loved these grandchildren. I could see in them that they had passed down to their children the love of family...that having children was a joy and gift that was meant to enthrall you.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

I guess it somehow seems right that in a technical field there is always something new. Something to make you study and think. I think maybe that's true for the Lord too... I am learning to not be comfortable where I am, at least all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home