Dance with me

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shopping

I spent the day today shopping in Dallas with Mary Kate and Lucy and Lucy's friend. I am not a very good shopper. I quickly become tired of looking and I am easily discouraged if I can't find just what I want. But today was necessary. Both of my daughters needed shoes and clothes. We have now lived in Abilene long enough that their wardrobes are seriously diminished. Both girls are hard to fit and picky...so, we drove to Dallas for the day to try to fill in some gaps in their closets..and yes, we did spend some money at The Gap...that was a helpful stop. We bought shoes, shirts, jeans, dresses and gifts that we couldn't find in Abilene. The girls all ice skated. They had so much fun. When they started there was only 30 minutes left in the public session but they really wanted to skate. Lucy's friend had never iceskated. She did great! It was a good break from shopping. We did continue to shop a little after skating but then went to dinner and ended our day at the place we had all been looking forward to all day...Barnes and Noble. I now have some new reading material...yay!!

Oh, and one of purchases today...a sticker for my car...with a quote...
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
So perfect.

I am not a big bumper sticker person. I have Jake on my car...from the Life is Good products and now this sticker. If you come to Abilene you will spot me quickly in my little black bug.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm the same way about shopping...which figures. My mom and sister can go all day, but I'd rather curl up with a book after a few hours. I love you, Julie!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

Well, I just bet you're making history right now. But you're mostly well-behaved. Hmmm. I guess that means you're rare!!
HEEHEEEEHEEE.
C

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Mom said...

We just returned from Barnes & Noble. We stop by there at least once a week. It is in the same shopping center as The Gap, and just down the street from the ice skating rink. You should live here!
Love
Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home