Dance with me

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Home

I am home.

This has been a busy week away. This trip was good in many ways but also stressful in many ways. I felt like I was being pulled in too many directions. Everyone wanted to spend time with us and that is good but there are only so many hours in a week and some people deserve more time than others.

Here are some memories from this week....watching my mom take excellent care of my dad, my dad's not so grateful words to my mom, amazing food, my granddaughter's huge blue eyes, my sons and their easy-going natures, walking with my mom, catching up with old friends, funny moments with my niece, sitting by the pool for hours and just talking with my closest friend, holding that same friend's children in a big hug and letting them know that I love them immensely, traffic...traffic...traffic, getting lost in Anacostia on a summer night (if you know D.C. at all, you know that is not good), a graduation party for a very loved girl, watching Lucy with her old friends as they squeal with delight when they see each other, my mom's deck, my friend's front porch, open windows, fresh sheets dried on the clothesline, and neighbors taking care of neighbors, visiting old friends at PG Hospital and seeing their elegant new birthing rooms.

I have enjoyed your beauty pageant entries. This is a everyone wins contest. I love your creativity.

I forgot to say that I saw some of you on this trip. Ann (cg), mom (who is really Ann's mom but she is my mom in many ways), Ellyn, and Jacque I saw on video talking about her dad. I looked for you Jacque but didn't see you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home