Dance with me

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Favorite Man

I have worked the last two days and I am exhausted but I wanted to blog anyway. I have not been sleeping well. Two big issues on my mind. I will share them later, when I am less tired.
I wanted to blog because I meant to blog yesterday. Yesterday was August 21st. 23 years ago yesterday Tim Danley proposed to me. He asked me to marry him. Tim and I had been friends for many years and I had looked up to his spiritual maturity for a very long time. We dated one summer but I went back to ACU and he went back to Houston to teach. 23 years ago I was 22 years old, a single mom, and not very sure about the direction of my life. I was shocked that he wanted to marry me. We had only been dating again for about 3 weeks when he asked me to marry him. I had fallen so completely in love with him in those 3 weeks. I was sure that I wanted to marry him but still surprised that he asked. I didn't think that I deserved him. How do I describe Tim to you? Probably not very accurately but what I see, I see with my heart. He has intensely blue eyes that are always sincere. He is tall and thin and his bones are sharp. He loves to play...ping pong, volleyball, softball, golf, ultimate frisbee.... He is respectful to everyone. He is a patient husband and a loving dad. He knows scripture well but especially the new testament. He has a mellow bass voice that I love to sing with. He makes goofy puns and makes the rest of us groan. He misses his parents and loves his siblings. He loves children and teenagers. He watches sports and the news. He has a messy car. He is slow to decide. And he loves me.
I would marry him all over again. We have many great memories together. We have laughed and we have cried. We have welcomed new friends and said goodbye to others. We have had babies together and nurtured them together. The safest place I can be is in his arms. We talk and talk and talk about life, God, church, our children, our friends, our past, our future, and our right now. Sometimes we get on each others' nerves but I wouldn't give any of it up.
Tim, I would say yes again.

7 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Julie,
Tim is awesome. You described him very well. I miss seeing you both.

Tracy

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Mom said...

You are both blessed to have one another. Love you both!
Sue

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Malia said...

I think you described him very well!

I remember his kindness the most.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Very sweet. I loved this. I've been missing you. Can't wait until friday.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Julie, this is precious. You do have a good man. I've been so blessed to watch the two of you love on each other. Thanks for taking me into your lives and especially into your home. I love you both.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You guys have one of those marriages that make me feel optimistic about the possiblity of it.
I love Tim. You definitely chose well - so did he!
Ann

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

What a wonderful way to describe your hubby. I love him, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home