Dance with me

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Too Much

The past few weeks have been too much. We have had too much activity...too much emotion...too many changes...and too many challenges. We have a new challenge this week. The house that we have under contract has some issues that we are not sure that we can live with. It has some structural roof problems. We love the house and are excited about it. It is close to friends and has big trees and feels a little more East Coast than most of Abilene. Perfect for us. We are waiting to talk again with our realtor. We may back out of our contract if they won't fix the roof. That will make me sad.
I am ready to nest again. We have been renting for 2 years almost and I am ready to be able to do my own thing in my own house. I love for things to be a little bit funky and I don't feel like I can do that to someone else's house. I had already started to think about decorating in our new little cottage. I will try to be patient and will try to allow the right thing to happen...not just what I want to happen.
Tonight is my first night with the 6th grade girls. They have had two classes and one sleepover without me...can't wait to join them tonight. We are talking tonight about the Messiah and about how it was part of God's plan for us to wait for the Messiah...to anticipate his arrival and be so hungry for him that we just couldn't stand it anymore.

1 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Julie - you are a fantastic teacher. I love to sit beside you and listen and watch. I know God has the perfect place for you and your family. It may be this one but if not, the real one is even better! I just know it. I can't wait to see it especially after you funk it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home