Dance with me

Friday, September 01, 2006

Agassi and Baghdatis

Two gentlemen played a game of tennis last night. It was a game fiercely fought but graciously fought. I love watching sports when it is like last night. I don't even know what time it was over but I couldn't pull myself away from it. Baghdatis was injured and could hardly walk but kept playing....no complaining, no whining...just kept pushing forward. It was hard to play Agassi on American soil. The crowd was so behind Agassi that Baghdatis had to cheer for himself. Agassi won that match but I believe Baghdatis won over the American public. When it was over he hurried to the net to congratulate Agassi and spoke to him sincerely. I believe that what he was said was something similar to what he said to the crowd later...that Agassi is more than a legend and that he has given so much to the game of tennis. He played hard but lost graciously. It was good to see the loser and the winner smiling when it was all over. I know it was late but I hope that lots of kids were watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home