Dance with me

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Singing

Lately I have begun to realize that I really miss singing. I know that we sing at church and I can sing in the car and sometimes at home but I miss singing on a regular basis with other people who love to sing. I love hashing out the music...working through it all until it sounds right...sometimes changing part of it to fit the group that you are singing with. I love the emotion that comes from all those parts coming together and I love how it pulls deeper into the Spirit. The only place in my whole life that I feel awesomely and completely in my element is during worship. I know that I have many talents that I can use and that they benefit others but worship is my most favorite thing in the whole world. We were made for worship and that is where my heart feels the most at home.

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I feel the exact same way about worship. The one thing I miss in the church where we worship is the lack of hymns they sing. I also miss the acapella singing. There are a pretty good number of former CofC ers that attend and we often talk about our favorite hymns and how beautiful the sound is when we are all the voices are blended together. I keep encouraging our praise and worship leader to do some acappella. God helped me out one Sunday when the strings on his guitar broke. :-)

I was talking with one of the teens in our home group and she was saying how "old" and "weird" hymns were. It made me sad because there are so many great hymns that I think will be "forgotten" on day.

One of my favorite times at camp was evening devo...listening to our voices blending together as the sun was setting. Beautiful!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Mom said...

Amen, Julie. I love worshipping and singing together. Praise nights were one of my very favorite things. I love the church where we now worship, but I do miss some of my favorite CofC hymns. "It Is Well with My Soul" is not even in the the hymn book. On the plus side I joined the bell choir and have learned to love the glorius music the bells produce. It is wonderful to be able to find new and meaningful ways to express worship.
I miss singing with you.
Sue

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger judy thomas said...

Julie, is there still a Big Country Chorus in Abilene? You might enjoy that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home