Dance with me

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Corey

Today Corey is 24 years old. He is my son. He is a father. He is a partner in life to Brittney. He is patient. He is kind. He is funny. He is laid back. He has very curly hair. He is a hard worker. He never meets a stranger. He always knows how to break a tense moment. He is extremely independent.
As a little boy....he was charming. He was a hard worker. He sucked his index finger and middle finger on his right hand but he did it upside down. He always loved cars and could make car sounds at a very early age. He could win over adults in an instant. He loved to ride his bike. He loved to roller blade. He loved soccer. He liked to explore the woods. He never wanted to stop playing and when he did stop, he was asleep. He was always generous with his affection.
What I wish for Corey....marriage that lasts, children who love Jesus, enough success to make life comfortable, friends to laugh with and friends to be there for the hard times, health, a journey with Jesus that he owns for himself, fun, adventure and trials that mold him into the man he is meant to be.
I loved that little curly-haired boy and I love that big curly-haired man I see today. He has brought joy and light into our lives. I wish him many more.

3 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger T'auna said...

Julie. I just wanted to say thanks for being there for me. Hope you have a blessed week.

T'auna

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Julie,
I remember Corey sucking those fingers all the time. It's hard to believe he's 24... married, AND a Dad! Wow!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I wonder if he twirls Brittney's hair like he twirled yours?
He's a sweetie!
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home