Dance with me

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mockingbird

I just finished reading Mockingbird by Charles Shields about Harper Lee (or Nelle Lee) the author of To Kill A Mockingbird. It gave me some insight into the writer's life. Not sure I would want to live it. I now want to rent To Kill A Mockingbird and Capote. Truman was her friend but he was a troubled friend who betrayed her. They needed each other but Truman's baggage got in the way. Need to reread To Kill A Mockingbird.

Our air conditioning on one side of the house is not working again. It is very hot...I think hotter inside than out.

Our new house is adorable and we picked out some paint colors last night....pumpkin, Hello Dolly pink, Sky blue...just the beginning.

I leave on Monday for Colorado Conversations with Sally Morgenthaler. Ten women and Sally (well, Sally is a woman also) in a beautiful bed and breakfast in Breckenridge, Colorado for deep discussion and lots of music and laughter. Can't wait. My good friend, Adie, has also been invited and we are going to room together. Looking forward to some cooler weather also.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Candy said...

You get to do the coolest stuff. Have a great time and let me know how it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home