Dance with me

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Eternal Threads

Last night during class our girls made bracelets to send to girls in India. Linda Egle came to talk to the girls about these girls in India. Linda has started a business called Eternal Threads. She employs women in India to make totes and purses. I have one of these bags and I love it. It is big and durable and also cute. India is not a good place to live if you are a girl. Most likely you will not be educated and if your family is especially poor, you could be sold into slavery or possibly prostitution. When you buy one of these bags you triple a family's income and educate a girl for a long period of time. I will be buying more. Linda showed us a video last night and it was so good to see these girls' faces. They now have about 120 girls that they are sending to school. I love these bags and I love supporting this effort to educate girls. You can check it out at www.eternalthreads.com

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

...anyone who shares even a cup of water in my name...

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Julie,
Thanks for the link. There are some really cute bags!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home