Dance with me

Friday, September 15, 2006

New House

Today we close on our new house. Well, it is not really new. It was built in 1938 and it has character...hardwood floors, a pedestal sink in the bathroom, built-ins... We are very excited about living in this cute house. After we close we are going to spend a couple of weeks making it our house. We are putting up a wall. We are painting. We are fixing the master bathroom shower so that Tim can stand up in it. We are changing the leopard print carpet to something more neutral. There are other things that we will do to this house as time goes by but these are the immediate changes. I am going to have fun gardening at this house. I am anxious to put pumpkins on the front porch. I will make curtains. Come visit us. Not as much room as our old house but everyone is just as welcome and we have plenty of floor space and plenty of air mattresses. There is always room for more at our house.

6 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Mom said...

What words will you write on these walls?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger julie said...

I haven't decided yet but there will be words.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger kendanley said...

Congratulations and don't forget to leave the light on for us.
Ken & Jeanette

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

congratulations, my friends. I'm glad our homes will be so close, and hope the way from here to there and there to here are well-used.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see it. It sounds perfectly lovely and just right for your family. I want to help paint if you need me! Really!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

leopard print carpet?
And you're getting rid of it?
No Roman Candle?

I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it will be perfect. I wish I could come help paint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home