Dance with me

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Frustration

I will post tomorrow about the overwhelming positive things that have happened over the last three days but first let me whine a little bit...
On my way to Denver, I arrived before my luggage. I was staying two hours away in Breckenridge and my suitcase didn't pop up and go around the huge carousel. That has happened way too many times lately. Now whenever I am waiting for luggage at an airport I pray that my suitcase will show up. I never worried before...now I do. They did bring me my suitcase while we were out to dinner the first night. I was grateful that they were so quick to get it to me.
On the way home my flight out of Denver was a little slow in leaving and then a little slow getting to the gate and then I had to wait for everyone to get out of the plane. I was sitting on row 23. The Skylink was not working properly and we were instructed on the plane to walk to our gate if it was within a reasonable distance. I did walk/run to my gate. I was sweaty and out of breath when I got to the gate. Just as I stepped off the tile and on to the carpet they closed the glass door that leads to the plane. They told me that the flight was closed and they couldn't let me on. The plane was sitting right there and they had just closed the door. That was the last flight to Abilene. She told me should get me on the flight that leaves at noon the next day. No thank you. I was so angry.
I had to rent a car to get home. Not many of those rental companies go to Abilene and out of those only one would rent me a car to go one way to Abilene.
I was truly close to tears several times...the moment I realized they really weren't going to allow me on the plane; waiting in the dark, deserted area of the airport for the rental car shuttle; walking from rental company to rental company and being told that they didn't have any cars that they were willing to send to Abilene at this time.
I am home. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Poor Julie. Bless your heart. I am glad you are finally home

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Wow. That sucks. You do have the worst travel luck, like when we went to Cancun and your luggage went to Mexico City.
I hate it when people just seem stubborn and mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home