Dance with me

Monday, August 04, 2008

I Live an "I Love Lucy" Life

Yes, I do love my Lucy but that is not what I mean.
What I mean is my life is sometimes very similar to Lucy's on the "I Love Lucy Show". Life is never boring but can be embarrassing.
One example.
Friday morning I was leaving for work. Dressed in a skirt. I walked out to my car and saw that my next door neighbor was watering his grass. He had been gone for about a month so I stopped and talked to him. I got to my car and my neighbor is still watering his grass and I got in...but while I was getting in my car, I dropped my key. I dropped down headfirst to pick it up...both hands on the ground and still sitting in my car. Remember I am still wearing a skirt. Now I have both hands on the ground and suddenly realize that it will be very difficult to get back into my car and pick up the key. I pick up the key and toss it gently into the pocket on the side of the door. Now I try to push myself back up...not going to happen. I am thinking about how crazy this all must look but I can't roll out of the car to correct the situation without exposing myself to my neighbor. Eventually I am able to push myself back up to the upright position...so funny and I laughed my way to work. Not really sure what the neighbor saw...

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I love it when I get to be your Ethel.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger John said...

Isn't it funny how stuff like that always happens when you're wearing a skirt. At least that's when it happens to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home