Dance with me

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I think that tonight I will eat my favorite ice cream....one of my favorites....either Blue Bell Pralines and Cream or Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia...I will eat as much as I want....I deserve it.
I can't take anymore disappointments or goodbyes.
Today was Dr. Rector's last day at work at ACU. I am going to miss him. Our working relationship was great and he had also become a good friend. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, full of the Spirit, a great listener, a good laugher, and patient. The students received excellent care from him. These will be big shoes to fill. He left this afternoon and I sat at my desk for about a half an hour crying...just couldn't pull it back together. Then later, I was taking care of a patient and several men came to move his desk out, my husband came by to pick up the key and two men came to fix a door...I wasn't sure which door and they seemed a little upset that I didn't know....I gave suggestions but they didn't like that either. After they all left I was felt so alone.
We had a candidate for Dr. Rector's job but he declined our offer and that made me sad also.
I am grieving one doctor leaving and another one not coming.
I think that I deserve ice cream.

7 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Dig in! Have a scoop for me.

I hope next week is better.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger John said...

Ice cream is good for you. Have some for me as well. Sorry you had a bad week. Thanks for your prayers.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Ice Cream and tears usually make me feel better too. Hope you can feel the big hug coming from me to you across the world wide web!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Oh Julie. I feel your pain. I wish you'd called me. I would have come up there and sat with you. Then I would have taken you out for the biggest ice cream container we could find and you could have floated in the pool eating it. Seriously. You need me. And I need you. Let's quit talking about it and do it.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger julie said...

Candy, you have the best ideas!!! We do need to stop talking about all this getting together and just do it.....we do live in the same town, don't we?

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hope the ice cream made things a little better, Julie. I love you.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger summer said...

From one who has kept Blue Bell in business over the last 8 months, know that I love you and hope things are looking brighter by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home