Dance with me

Friday, May 09, 2008

Atonement




Tonight we watched Atonement. I read the book recently and really wanted to see the movie. The movie doesn't tell the whole story but it definitely has the same feel as the book. The movie does stick extremely close to the book and I love that. A beautiful movie...music, sequence, colors and minimal dialogue...love it!
I love the title of this book. Life can go terribly wrong by one wrong move....by yourself or someone else. Sometimes there is no way to acquire or purchase atonement. Sometimes life just keeps going terribly wrong but it can still be beautiful and there can still be laughter in the process.
I would most definitely say to read the book and then see the movie. Always read the book first. That is a Julie rule. Whenever I have broken my own rule, I have regretted it.

3 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger John said...

Thanks for the review. I'll definitely look for that one.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Okay, I don't really know you, but I feel like I do. We go to church with Ken and Jeanette (and we love them) and I read your blog often. I just wanted you to know that you have inspired my very next read. I just finished "The Other Boyeln Girl" and was looking for something else. Thanks for the well-done review. I am so excited to read it!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger julie said...

Jordan, welcome. I also love Ken and Jeanette. Give them a hug from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home