Dance with me

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Book of Lost Things


Last week I finished this book. It is different from almost anything else I have ever read....probably closest to Harry Potter but not the same either. This book incorporates fairy tales but the tales are told in ways that I had never heard them told. It is fascinating and captivating and I love how it doesn't end happily ever after. The little boy, David who is the main character, grows up and learns about what is important while walking through the fairy tale land.
Also, if any of you are interested in careers as a writer, go to John Connolly's website and read his practical advice. He is straightforward and very informative.
Happy reading!

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger John said...

Maybe you should quit nursing and take up book criticing.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Are you in a book club now? I used to love our book club discussions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home