Dance with me

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sick

Remember Monday when I said that I felt sluggish and just felt like I needed a nap. Well, I must've needed a nap because yesterday at work I started feeling worse and worse as the day went on. I now have a sinus infection and strep. So, today I have been lying on the couch and watching TV after my doctor's appointment.

Some observations from my day of TV....
...most television is not enough to keep me awake
....Gilmore Girls was better in the first season...now they are just shells of the characters they were in the beginning
....the couch is only comfortable for a few hours
....it is harder to breathe when you are lying down
....it is better if you have your cell phone and your house phone within easy reach
....it is kind of fun to have control of the remote
....I like the sky view out of our back windows
....Seventh Heaven was better in the first season...what happens after a few years?
....there is alot of trash on TV
....you need socks on your feet when you don't feel well
....it is better to have a real pillow instead of the couch pillows
...my family is sweet when you don't feel well

Sarah is off the respirator and has whispered some. Keep praying for complete recovery...for her to be cancer free...for her children to feel peace. Hallelujah for the progress!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I find observation #4 intriguing. I do find that I can breathe better standing up, moving, facing life, not lying down.
But sometimes, you just have to lie down.
I hope your are up & breathing easy soon.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Hope you're feeling better today. We had 5 girls last night and we started on cards. Ended with a quick prayer time where they prayed their requests. Sweet. You were greatly missed.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Malia said...

There is a lot of trash on tv, I find myself watching less and less of it as time goes by! (I still heart Grey's Anatomy, though!)

Did you know that Seventh Heaven came back this year for ANOTHER season? Last season was supposed to be the final season and they had a big series finale wrap-up. But I just heard the other day that it's back again. I agree with you, it was much better at the beginning. (I never got into Gilmore Girls.)

Real pillows rule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home