Dance with me

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Celebrating my Husband

Today Mike Cope's blog is about marriage. Marriage can be life and marriage can be death. Life and death are determined by so many factors in a marriage. Life in a marriage can feel like sunshine on a cold winter day...warmth to stretch out in and strong light to lie in when all around is cold. It doesn't mean that you don't have to go back into the cold, it is just respite when needed. That life is generated by love...of God and each other, communication, respect, shared stories, shared laughter and tears, and also lives independent of each other...work worthy of our calling. The death comes from the opposite of all these things....not wanting the best for each other, losing faith in God, refusing to share who we really are, not honoring each other, closing ourselves off, or becoming so enmeshed in each other that there is no distinction between husband and wife.
This has brought my thoughts to my husband. My choice for a husband was careful and cautious. The Spirit pushed me to the right person even while I was being careful and cautious.
Tim turned 51 on Sunday. Thank you, Everett and Anne, for raising a thoughtful and respectful little boy. Thank you, all those friends who played football and baseball and basketball with Tim, for nurturing his love of play. Thank you, church family, for surrounding him with love and teaching him about Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, for continuing to shape him.
Tonight I called from work for him to pick me up because the SUV is still in the shop....remember the tire story? I asked if he could come get me from work and his reply was, "I'd love to."
I love him and his gentle spirit.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You do have a lovable husband, Julie. Thanks for sharing openly about your marriage...it is more encouraging than either of you know. I love y'all.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger imhistory said...

I am sure you will never remember me, but I remember Tim from when he taught at NCS and you from living with Glenna. We helped you guys move from Houston. My boys still speak fondly of Tim, even though they were tiny when they knew him. Recently, some of these now adults have been looking up the "old" guys from NCS. I was Hollis Eatherly way back then, I legally changed my name a few years ago. Just wanted to say hello and it is nice to know you guys have had a good life together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home