Dance with me

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Life is Always Interesting

Our house is starting to feel more like home. There remains much work to be done but I feel like we have turned the corner. There are more pictures on the walls and more books on shelves. We are seeing more of the floor and it feels warmer and more family friendly.

This week I picked up two prints that I had framed. Prints done by Jack and Jill Maxwell...one of Jesus and one of Jonah. They are two of my favorites that they have done and I couldn't be more pleased with how they came out. I need to have Jack and Jill over to see them.

Yesterday was busy but fairly normal until later in the evening...our friend, Calvin, came over to see if he could help with two issues that we are having with our new house. One is a plumbing issue...water backs up in the sink and dishwasher when you run the garbage disposal. The other issue is electrical...light in kitchen popped when turned on and the switch sparked. Calvin gave us advice on both and then had dinner with us. Always fun to have Calvin around. Calvin then drove Tim to pick up his SUV. He had 4 new tires put on. Tim was only about a mile away from the shop when one of the wheels just fell off. His cell phone was on the bed charging but luckily Calvin was driving just in front of him and stopped with him after he lost the wheel. Calvin tried to call me but I was on the phone with my mom and didn't recognize his cell phone number and chose to ignore it. That was nice of me, huh? The car had to be towed back to the shop and they are going to fix it all and even wanted to fire the guy who didn't put the lug nuts back on. I don't think that they should fire him but maybe strongly talk to him. So we are down to one car until that can be fixed. I am glad that Tim was driving on a road that he had to drive slowly on and not the highway.

What's interesting in your life right now?

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of the song to the tune of the Kenny Rogers "Lucille"
"You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel."

I'm glad he wasn't hurt. I'm sure the mechanic won't make that mistake again!

I certainly can't top that one.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger kendanley said...

about a month ago, that's exactly what happened to Janaye -- about the lug nuts not put on and the wheel coming off!

it's a conspiracy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home