Dance with me

Monday, October 23, 2006

Not Quite in Touch

Yesterday in worship we sang two songs that made me think of my husband. I was singing on the praise team and purposely looked at him during Joyful, Joyful and then again during The Doxology. Joyful, Joyful was the processional song at our wedding almost 23 years ago. Sweet memory. Tim's dad, Everett Danley, loved The Doxology and would lead it at the dinner table. Another sweet memory, even sweeter since he has been gone.

What I didn't know
...we also sang Ancient Words. I love the song and the words to that song but I never knew how much it meant to Tim. Tim told me yesterday that it makes him think of his parents and how much he misses them. They were true to those ancient words...so I can see how that would make him think of them.

I always want to know all those little things about the people I am closest to and it bothers me when one of those little details has slipped by me.

I love that Tim cries when he hears those words and I love that he misses his parents.

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I also like the song Ancient Words. How I wish a bunch of us from Bowie could get together, visit, and sing.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger pawatson said...

During our early years in Abilene, we were blessed to have a Christian mentor, and Victoria had an adopted grandfather, in John Cothran. John passed away four months after Megan Cope. "Great is Thy Faithfulness" was one of his favorite songs. The tears were streaming down Victoria's face during the singing of that song yesterday. Songs have a way of reaching to the depths of our souls.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Malia said...

There was a man at our church (he passed away a few years ago) and I heard more than once during his funeral and the memories that people would share of him that he would lead The Doxology at the dinner table! I'd never heard of anyone singing at the dinner table before and now to hear that two men did the exact same thing is giving me goosebumps!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger TWD said...

Hi, Julie! I haven't talked with you in a while.

Joyful, Joyful was the recessional for Helene's and my wedding, nearly 26 years ago. It's the ring tone I use for her on my cell phone.

-Tom from Frederick

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger julie said...

Hi Tom, Good song choice. Made for a good marriage choice, huh? How's Frederick? Abilene is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home