Dance with me

Monday, November 13, 2006

Beginning of a New Week

Today is Monday and when I am off on Monday I seem to have a hard time getting started with life. I don't do much of anything productive. Today is cold and that just makes me want to be someplace warm and possibly take a nap. Even though I don't really enjoy napping that much...it usually just leaves me feeling groggy.

*********************

Keep praying for Sarah. She is still on the respirator and still not conscious. She has responded to requests and that is a big step. She has opened one eye several times and has wiggled her toes and squeezed some hands. All signs that she is aware that people are with her. Yay!

*********************

Saturday I was supposed to be at work but they cancelled me. I was happy to be cancelled because there was a worship retreat scheduled that I wanted to go to. But being cancelled doesn't mean that you are off the hook entirely. I was still on call and the retreat was out at a ranch about 60 miles away. I was told that it would take about 45 minutes to get there but it really was a little farther than that. I did get to go to the retreat but late. The drive out there was awesomely gorgeous...colors and hills...yellows, reds, greens and an amazingly blue sky. I needed that scenery.
The house on the ranch is set on a ledge overlooking a valley. Wow! I was in awe of the majesty of nature. I could have just sat on the edge and looked for the rest of the day and the trip would have been worth it...but....it only got better. We took a hayride up to place called the Safe Place. 12 huge poles encircling 3 stone rings...representing Father, Son, and Holy Spirit....cross in the Son ring and fire pit in the Father ring. The space was also another a ledge looking west over that same awesome valley. We sang together as the sun set beautifully. God is good.
We went back down and Kellie Miller spoke to us from her heart. Wanted her to talk more but it was then time for dinner. Good to sit at the table with people that I only marginally know and get to know them. Loved talking with Kellie at the table...a kindred spirit indeed.
Thanks, Jeremiah, for including me in that restful and thoughtful retreat.

*********************

Sunday was full of worship and friends and family. That is what I love about Sunday.
We ended Sunday with Katie and Jeremiah in the living room talking about life. I loved ending the day in prayer with the two of you.

*********************

Happy Monday afternoon everyone!

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Monday naps are harder to resist when it's raining.
I hope you can post a picture soon - of the scenery, the house... I'm visually deprived out here in MD.

Cool imagery with the stone rings. I might have put the fire pit in the HS ring, but a little pond might be good too - water is a powerful symbol.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I (and we) love you too, Julie. It had been a long time since we just sat around and talked about life. Thanks to both you and Tim for listening and loving on us. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home