Dance with me

Monday, November 06, 2006

Many Things Bouncing Around in my Head

I just finished reading Notes From the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick. He is the same author that wrote Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie. Jordan Sonnenblick is a middle school math teacher. His high school English teacher was Frank McCourt who wrote Angela's Ashes. If you have a middle schooler or even early high schooler, have them read these books....give them to them for Christmas or just anytime. They are excellent books. A little excerpt from near the end of the book...

"But I guess somewhere in the course of this weird year- my junior year of high school, my senior year of childhood, Sol's last lap around the sun- I figured out that we're all free, in the only way that matters anyway. We're all free to choose some people to love, and then do it."

----------------------------------------

We just got back from the family retreat at HEB Foundation camp. It is a amazingly beautiful place....the greenish blue Frio River running through this deep canyon, lots of wildlife, trees turning autumn colors, and the faces of family gathered around just to be with each other.
This weekend it was raining or drizzling the whole time. It made the weekend feel different but it was still fun. I didn't take the big hike because I didn't want to go in the rain but Tim went and loved it. I took a short hike with some friends and we looked out over Echo Valley...so pretty. Tim played frisbee golf, ultimate frisbee and bocce ball. All very spirited games and they looked like they were having great fun. I had many conversations with friends...much laughter.
The talent show was a hit as usual. Aidan's egg was my favorite part of the show.

---------------------------------------

This blog has brought some people back into my life that I haven't talked with or seen for many, many years. One of those people is Trisha Arnett. She recently sent me a letter. I have always wondered how she was doing and where she was living. I promise, Trisha, that I will email soon and we can get caught up. This has been a busy year for me. I love that you are doing well and I love that you cared enough to find me. Thanks.

--------------------------------------

Right before we left for the retreat, the mail came. I received a card from my friend, Pixie. It was my birthday present and I love it. She gave someone in the world a flock of chicks in my name from Heifer International. I love it. I love that she knows that I would love it. Also, the card is adorable. I need to put it up somewhere to display.

--------------------------------------

Our house is getting better every week. I wish that I could say that every day but we still have to live our lives and there only seems to be one day in the week that we make significant progress on getting things together. My Jack and Jill prints are framed and hung. Jesus is over the living room fireplace and Jonah is in the dining room. I love them!!

--------------------------------------

Happy Monday everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home