Dance with me

Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Mom-Isn't She Adorable?


My mom is the second woman from the right. Isn't she adorable? She is still adorable. If you don't know her, I wish that you did because you are missing out if you don't. She has not had an easy life but she has always been encouraging, affectionate, warm and almost always cheerful. She is a survivor but she is also beautiful. I have thought that since I was a little girl. I would watch her getting ready for church and think that my mom was the most beautiful mom ever. I can picture her face smiling at me and the elegant way that she used her hands...hands that were always busy.
Like I said, if you don't know her, you are missing out.
This picture is taken in the early 1950s and she is on a trip with her friends. She has always told me that girlfriends are important and she has played that out in her own life...she was a great example for me. The woman who is second to the left is her younger sister, Millie. They were very close and shared many girlfriends. What fun it is to sit down with my mom and my Aunt Millie and listen to them tell stories and laugh and laugh and laugh. Wish that you could hear them. Wish that I could hear them now.

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger John said...

Your mother is exceptional. One needs only to know her daughter to know how exceptional she must be.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger julie said...

John, you would have to know my mom to know that I am cannot hold a candle to her and her brilliance but thanks anyway...you are always so kind.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I haven't met your mom, Julie, but I second John's comment. Any mom who produced a daughter like you, who adores her...she must be pretty special.

I LOVE old photos like this one. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home