Dance with me

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Catching Up

Just a catch up post.

Valentine's Day was fun. My husband knows me well. He gave me a pink rosebush I can plant in the yard and a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. Both are perfect gifts for me. We were already stocked with Diet Coke but he knows if that supply were low, he could just buy me a giant Diet Coke with lots of ice and I would happy. I really am easy to please.

These are all random thoughts...so don't try to make them connect...they really don't.

I love watching all the students in the morning heading to class. Some are walking....alone or with a friend...backpacks, hats, gloves, sometimes wet hair, sometimes on the phone. Some are riding their bikes...ears covered in the cold, baskets filled with books, and sometimes on the phone. Some are on skateboards...usually less clothes, and still sometimes on the phone. Some are driving....some in old and beat up cars, some in shiny bmws. I also love when I am late and they are going to be late to class also and they are running and looking exasperated. I love the urgency in their movement. I like the smell of breakfast coming from the Bean and the sun coming over the horizon. A new day is beginning.

We have ice everywhere this morning. Trees are covered and making dramatic icicles. So pretty.

I should clean my house but I don't know if I will. I should go to the mall but I don't know if I will. I should make chili and I think that I will. I should do laundry and I probably will or else I won't have any clothes to wear next week.

Tonight I will be working Sing Song. I love seeing Sing Song. So much energy. And I love seeing who wins on Saturday night.

Ann, I will call sometime soon and we will have a real conversation again. Mom, glad we got to catch up last night.

Thanks to all of you for hanging in there while life has been crazy. The clinic is still busy but not as crazy busy as it has been.

5 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Mary Kate said...

you should get on ichat right now!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger John said...

It looks as if you really have your priorities straight. Laundry and Chili. Everything else can wait.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Mom said...

I love you.
Sue

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I look forward to it. Some topics of conversation are only yours. And, as I recall, best discussed late at night with Cherry Garcia.

I'm glad you are finding beauty and joy in the hustle & bustle.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I love you, Julie. And miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home