Dance with me

Monday, December 31, 2007

Books, Books, Books

I have been reading in every little bit of spare time that I can find lately. I have been avoiding doing any housework or anything else that seems like work....and I have been reading. I have read three books over this break.
This first one A Solitary Blue by Cynthia Voigt. I had read Homecoming and Dicey's Song and it was really good to get to know Jeff who had shown up before. I love in this book how Jeff's dad hangs in there with him and learns to become a better dad in the whole process.

This next book Children of Men by P.D. James was not a peaceful book at all. Kind of Lois Lowry gone awry with a dose of 1984 and A Brave New World thrown in for good measure. This book will frighten you and also make you examine your faith.

The last book that I have read was A Thousand Splendid Suns. I loved The Kite Runner but this book was even better in so many ways. Maybe because it is about women and the other is about two boys....I don't know, just felt more pulled in by it.
What have you been reading lately?

5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger John said...

"Avenger" by Frederick Forsythe. Before that was "Deep Fathom" by James Rollins.
I just purchased 4 books at B&N's The Girl Next Door and She Wakes, both by Jack Ketchum, Killer Instinct by Joseph Finder, and Transgressions, a collection of novellas edited by Ed McBain.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I just finished "Same Kind of Different As Me" (true story that takes place in D/FW area) and I've just started "Velvet Evlis."

Happy New Year, Julie.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I just finished "Same Kind of Different As Me" (true story that takes place in D/FW area) and I've just started "Velvet Evlis."

Happy New Year, Julie.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I just finished "Same Kind of Different As Me" (true story that takes place in D/FW area) and I've just started "Velvet Evlis."

Happy New Year, Julie.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Mary Kate said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home