Dance with me

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Everything?

Today I had lunch with two friends. I love these two women. They cause me to think and they also make me laugh. We used to meet as a spiritual formation group but we are so busy that it has become too difficult to find a time that we are all consistently available. So, today we had lunch.
Jackie and Joyce were already at the table and had started eating....we were at Subway. I went and ordered my food and then when it came time to pay, I didn't have my debit card with me. I had left it in my sweat jacket from boot camp class the night before. Long story about why it was in my pocket...nothing interesting...just long. So, I had to go to the table where they were sitting and ask if they could bail me out. Jackie said, "I will give you everything I have."
I went and paid and had money leftover and I said,"Everything you have is more than I need."

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Friends a blessing. Very few will give you everything they have.

You are blessed.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger John said...

Hold on to those friends. Friends like that are hard to come by. But probably not for you, Julie. You're too sweet to deny anything to.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

My favorite friends are those that make me think & laugh - and those who will buy me a sandwich!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home