Dance with me

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Been A Long Time Gone

I haven't blogged in ages. Life has been busy and so much going on in my head. I will not share the craziness in my head but will share what has been happening.
Today I will be teaching at the West Texas Girls Conference. I will be teaching Middle School girls about prayer. I really won't be teaching...really I will just be guiding them in prayer. There will be candles around the room and music playing. They will have large pieces of sketch and some of their prayer will be on the paper and some will be just feeling the presence of God. I will ask you to pray that it all goes well and somehow they feel God in that time and space. I will teach the same class three times to three different groups.
Last weekend was the Abilene High - Cooper game. Big cross town rivalry...fun to be in the crowd but the game was kind of boring. Abilene High won too easily. Lucy goes to Abilene High and Mary Kate graduated from there but Tim is a counselor at Cooper. He was conflicted. The fans are intense and we were sitting on the Abilene High side and sometimes Tim would cheer or clap for Cooper...that could've been bad if the game had been close.
October 27th we went to a wedding. Katie Riggs and Matt Maxwell got married at Jacob's Dream. Matt's dad is the sculptor. It was a beautiful wedding....warm and unconventional. Katie and Matt are so in love but they don't keep that love to themselves....it spills over to all those around them and that is what will make their marriage beautiful. They are both involved with the children at church and they invited them all to their wedding and the children were thrilled. My favorite shot was of them greeting some of them right after being pronounced husband and wife.
Drew is home and it is good to have him here. Right now he is working at Little Panda....happens to be my favorite Chinese place. Yay!

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Your cup is full and overflowing.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I loved eating with you yesterday. I wish I hadn't been so hyper and we could have really talked and spent time together. Please let's do that soon. How did your class go? I'm anxious to hear.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger summer said...

Missed you last night! And I have something for you. Some music I think you will like. At least I hope so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home