Dance with me

Friday, September 21, 2007

Long Week

The week started out with cleaning. Our house had become such a mess and we had needed to clean for awhile. We had company coming and so we cleaned madly all day on Saturday.
Saturday night Ken, Jeanette, Stacie and Darek arrived. I never feel like I have enough time with them. I think that our two families need to go someplace for a week and just chill....no weddings, no funerals, no graduations....just be together. Sunday morning Tim and I both were singing on the praise team...two services, so we had to be there early. I am glad that I was singing for many reasons...just the singing part-I love to sing, hearing Mike's sermon twice-seemed different the second time, being able to see Landon's eye's as he read the scripture before Mike's sermon.
Sunday afternoon we went by the Goodnews Northeast reunion to see some of Ken and Jeanette's friends who are also dear to us. Fun to see them all. Fun to pick out people that we knew in their old pictures from the summer of 1976. Gary Cox was in one picture. So fun to see him as a highschooler...looks just like John.
Heard about Ann's broken leg late that afternoon...I was feeling so far away and I am still so sad that we haven't even had a chance to talk. I have been thinking about her everyday and my leg is starting to hurt just from thinking about her. Ann, call me when you are feeling more alert. I am afraid to call because I don't want to wake you up.
Sunday brought new guests and we lost a few...well, we didn't really lose them but they went home. Jeanette, Stacie and Darek went home and we gained Frank and Bart. I always associate Frank with weddings and Bart is my old friend from college. I loved having them stay with us.
Monday's highlight was Landon Saunders speaking at ACU. Wow! and wow! I wept through his message...from the second sentence. I want to hear it again. I wanted to run up and high five him when he was done.
Tuesday brought my 3rd boot camp class and another lecture...not bad but not as good as Landon but I would've hated to have been the one to speak after Landon.
Wednesday brought good news. Ranee and Lee got the call that there was a baby waiting for them. I met her today and she is so beautiful. Ranee and Lee are so in love and it is so wonderful to see them beaming like that.
Thursday brought another boot camp...it is getting easier...yay!
Today was the Anti-war protest at ACU. I wanted to participate but couldn't leave work. The pictures are amazing and I am so proud of those students. I wore my peace sign earrings today to support them.
I am glad that it is Friday...so many people out from work and we were busy...I am tired.

5 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger John said...

Sounds like a very busy week for you. Please enjoy the weekend. Say Hi to Tim for me. I sure do miss you guys.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger julie said...

John, we miss you and wish that we had some time with you.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I'm doing better now and am glad to hear you are still supporting the dissidents down south.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger The Cleaning Authority said...

Hi Julie. Seems like every 6 months or so I stop by your blog. Good News Northeast...what delicious memories! We miss you guys.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger julie said...

Gary, I am glad that you come by sometimes. Wish you could've been at the reunion. You would've loved seeing everyone. Everyone asked about you and your family. Loved seeing your face in that picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home