Dance with me

Friday, August 17, 2007

Tomatoes

I love tomatoes! I have loved tomatoes for as long as I can remember. I love them like I love watermelon. In fact, there are many things that are similar about tomatoes and watermelon. But, I don't just love any tomatoes. I am discriminating about which tomatoes I love. I don't love grocery store tomatoes. I don't love cherry tomatoes. I don't like yellow tomatoes. I love big, fat red tomatoes that are homegrown but I especially love those big, fat red tomatoes that are grown in my mother's garden. They are the best in the whole world.
Last week my mom sent me tomatoes from her garden. She wrapped them with newspaper and boxed them up and sent them to us in the mail. They arrived perfect. I am guessing that there were about 30 tomatoes in that box. They were juicy and delicious....just like I always remembered them.
Lucy also loves tomatoes. She is not as discriminating as I am because she will eat grocery store tomatoes and cherry tomatoes but she also loves grandma's tomatoes the best. As a toddler grandma would give her a whole tomato and she would eat the whole thing like an apple with the juice running down her chin and onto the paper towel that grandma had tucked into her shirt. So sweet.
My mom called today to say that more tomatoes are on their way...yay!!!

6 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jacinda said...

Hi! I saw your comment on my blog. I'm still thinking about the AG issue, although lots of people are encouraging me to buy one!

I'm not sure where I initially found your blog....maybe through Houston's? I then noticed you on Brenda's blog, too. I don't keep up with Brenda too much anymore (although we probably will now that we've found each other in blogland!) but she was actually one of my bridesmaids!

Yes, I was a Siggie! Your name sounds so familiar like maybe I'm "supposed" to know you. I graduated from ACU in 1995 (Siggie pledge class of '92) When did you graduate?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger julie said...

I didn't graduate but was at ACU waaay before you. I started in 1979 and left in 1982. I loved my years there and was glad that I pledged club. I was very shy and it was a great way to get to know more people. I was the Siggie pledge class of fall 1980. I was in Abilene for homecoming 1993 and went to the Siggie breakfast...we may have been in the same place...weird, huh?
Did you know another girl named Julie in Siggies with you who was from Colorado?

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Candy said...

home grown tomatoes - you lucky dog.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I wish I could help you eat them!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

I love tomatoes, too...especially on pizza. So yummy!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I don't like cherry tomatoes because of the high skin to flesh ratio, that, and I alway peel my 'maters and those little guys are hard to peel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home