Dance with me

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Flood

We were called yesterday and last night and told that we needed to be prepared to evacuate if the creeks near us came over their banks. They crested at the very top of their banks in our neighborhood. Usually these two creeks, Elm creek and Catclaw creek don't seem like a creek to me at all. I am from Virginia and when I think of a creek, I think water and rocks and the water moves. These two creeks are not usually visible at the bottom of the huge ditches in which they reside. But today they completely filled those ditches and that is probably about 18 or so feet above their normal level.
There are some flooded neighborhoods in Abilene. Saw them on the news and I am feeling for those people whose homes are under water or the water flowed into their houses. What a mess!!

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

yikes!
I hope it doesn't get you!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Mary Kate said...

wow mom... you need to update!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home