Dance with me

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Random Thoughts from a Sunday

In my last post I talked about all the places I had traveled and I left out one very important one...Mexico. Becky reminded me. How could I forget Mexico? Mexico shaped me more than all of those other places combined. I would go back to spend more time with the people there in a heartbeat. Their faithfulness was so evident and their strength surprised me every day. They don't have many material belongings but they are rich in joy, laughter, love, generosity, hospitality, and I could feel the Spirit moving in their lives. We didn't speak the same language but we connected...connections of the heart....probably more important than talk anyway. I am now more cautious about saving food, water and other resources after spending time with them. They taught me so much in such a short time...I think about how transforming it would be to spend more time with them.
Thanks, Becky, for reminding me....I knew that I had left out something significant but I was trying to blog too quickly.

Today has been a good day. I love gathering with the body of Christ. Singing on praise team was so fun today...it just felt right this morning. Having Lucy and Tim lead us to the table was such a sweet moment for me. Hearing Lucy's voice read from John 6 so clearly and so surely. Seeing Tim and Lucy off to the side taking communion together...such a precious time. We talked about table fellowship in class in light of I Corinthians 10 and it was a powerful discussion. I am struck by how spiritually forming and transforming the table is....also the gathering of the body. It is spiritually forming to read aloud the Word of God to the body of Christ, as Lucy did today. And it is spiritually forming to gather around the table and look each other in the eye and talk with each other and share our stories.
I loved gathering with a smaller section of the body of Christ at small group. I love the openness and the warmth. I loved having new people with us with their tiny baby boy to mingle with our band of small boys. I love that we gather with all our quirks and all our gifts, I love that we share the body and the blood of Christ and that we look each other in the eye and we remind each other every week of who we are.

It has been a good day.

1 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Katie said...

It was a good day. I loved singing with you, Julie...you radiate such joy when you sing. And the tenors were having such fun! :)

I loved being with you at small group too. Thanks for always loving on me, and on Jeremiah, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home