Dance with me

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New picture

Yesterday in the mail we received a new picture of our granddaughter, Ava. She is absolutely adorable and I wish that I could hold her right now. The picture was taken with the Easter Bunny but possibly the scariest Easter Bunny that I have ever seen...kind of like an alien....but Ava was asleep and she didn't even see him. Ava is now 6 weeks old. When I call and she is awake, I tell Corey, our son, to put the phone up to her ear and I talk to her. I want her to know my voice. It is very hard being so far away. She is our first grandchild and we feel like we aren't being able to experience what it is like....she almost doesn't seem real to us.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger pawatson said...

Julie, Is a web-cam a possibility? That's what Karen's daughter was doing - setting a time when she could get on-line and watch the baby. The next best thing to being there.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Malia said...

My parents live in Florida and though they only get to see the grandkids a few times a year they have developed a very special relationship with their granddaughter and the beginnings of that same kind of specialness with their grandson.

I'm sure it's hard when they are babies and you just want to hold them and gaze at them. But just know that she will know you and have a very good relationship with you as she grows up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home