Dance with me

Friday, April 14, 2006

Counting and mixing

My friend helped me put a counter on my blog...very complicated and I don't think my Mac liked the process. She had to finish the procedure from her computer in Maryland. Pitiful. I know there is so much that I don't know about computers but I was following their very explicate instructions. Oh well.
I also killed my hand mixer tonight. We are having company for Easter dinner and I thought I would make a pound cake tonight because they taste better after a day or two. I hope that it comes out okay. I had to beat the egg whites by hand...crazy. If had been a pioneer woman, my family would never have had cake. Way too much work. Maybe I just wouldn't have been a very good pioneer. I don't spend very much time in the kitchen and sometimes it shows.
Talked with another old friend in Maryland today and it was good to catch up with all the kids that we had watched grow up in Bowie. It was so much fun to hear about the lacrosse team and where they are all going to college and if they are going to play lacrosse in college. We raised our children together and had so much fun together...at the pool, at lacrosse games, at school functions and just living in the same neighborhood together for so long.
Our move has been good but we do miss our old friends. They are good friends.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Mom said...

Julie!
I just found your blog. It feels like I have just ridden over on my bike and found you sitting on the front porch ready to visit. It is good to hear your voice. It is so good to have friends to share our journey and I am so glad we have shared so many miles together. The Tic Tac man smiled when he read your post about him. We are told that Jesus is the bread of life . Maybe he tastes like an orange TicTac.
I love you.
Sue

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger julie said...

I love you!!! I am glad that I could make the Tic Tac man smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home