Dance with me

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Here are a few pictures from my day...driving to pick up Lucy from Middle School and there is a lady riding along the sidewalk going in the opposite direction. She is obviously poor and gets her clothes for free. She is wearing long patterned pants and a patterned shirt...one is striped and the other flowered. She is also wearing a maroon and burgundy knitted hat...the kind with the big ball on the top. She is riding by a furniture store with big windows and she checks herself out in the windows, adjusts her hat and a big grin spreads across her face. I wish that I could ride my bike by those windows and have the courage to just look...and she looked and then grinned. Such a delightful scene to witness.
And then...tonight at the Oasis meal...well, I should start by saying that we have young woman who plays the guitar and sings while we eat...very sweet voice...she mostly sings contemporary Christian music but sometimes will sing some good oldies. She started singing I'll Fly Away and one of our members...an older man with some physical and mental disabilities...went up to sit right in front of her and started singing along with her. It brought tears to my eyes. He was totally engrossed in the song and how much it meant to him.
It has been a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home