Dance with me

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Tic Tacs

I just had to share this story now because I will forget it if I don't do it now. My daughter was eating a dreamsicle in the kitchen and said...this tastes like church. We all looked at her puzzled and she said...this tastes like orange tic tacs and then we all understood what she meant. At our church in Bowie, Maryland there was one man who always handed out tic tacs to the kids. He kept them in a little clear pouch in his suit pocket and the kids would find him as soon as church was over. He let them have 5 tic tacs and they could choose the color combination they wanted. He was patient while they decided...he knew that once they gave their answer and the tic tacs were in their hands, there was no going back. The little ones always asked for orange tic tacs...the mildest ones....but they would graduate to the bolder flavors....light green, white (the kids said those were the hot ones), red, dark green, light blue. Even the teens would find him and ask for their 5 tic tacs. Such a small gesture but so many connections made with that small gesture. While in Mexico my friend and I found Extra Fuerte tic tacs and brought them back to him....my friend is the daughter of the tic tac man. My daughter who made the comment tonight is a senior in high school but she definitely remembers the orange tic tacs.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I'm 41 and I still ask for the dark green ones. I still go to church with him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home