Dance with me

Monday, March 27, 2006

Sundays are always busy but I love them...church, soccer, and small group. I am always tired on Mondays but it is a good tired. Sunday morning we did what I call family communion and Tim and I served. It was not as structured as usual and you could come forward to anyone serving when you were ready to come and eat. I loved that some people walked all the way across the building to come receive communion from us. It is an amazing, transformational experience to serve the body of Christ to the body of Christ. I have never wanted to serve when it is just handing trays at the end of the aisles but I love being the one to hold it out and say to my family...This is the body of Christ given for you...to look them in the eyes and hug them or touch their arm. I loved leaning down and talking with children and telling them that this is the body of Christ. So many that I have grown to love and consider family and so many faces that I didn't even know.
Small group is always good and last night was no exception. Scott and Rachel Perkins came to visit our group and talk about our support of Randy and Jennifer Porter in Salvador, Brazil. We talked about what we are doing and what we can do and we prayed for them...it was a long and powerful prayer...I know that God was listening and I am sure they felt some kind of shift happening in their lives as we prayed. One very funny moment happened at the beginning of the prayer...Lorin called Randy and Jennifer...Randifer...like they were celebrities and in the tabloids. We all laughed so hard. I love it and I think we will continue to call them Randifer.
I am supposed to be at work today but they cancelled me...I guess there aren't enough patients but I probably needed to sleep in anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home