Dance with me

Monday, April 10, 2006

Staff

I worked a twelve hour day today. There is nothing unusual about that and today was very busy....with a stat c-section thrown in for good measure. There is nothing unusual about that either but today was different. The whole staff worked as a team. We laughed when things were tense and joked through the whole day. I am bone-tired but happy. Does that make sense?
Also, as of this morning I am now 10 pounds lighter.
My hope for you tomorrow is that you will get on the scale and be few pounds lighter and that your staff will work together with laughter and a sense of humor in the midst of the tension.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger pawatson said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Julie. I know the battle. Today a couple of my co-workers went to have lunch with Karen, our co-worker who is paralyzed from the waist down due to a tumor on her spine. Tomorrow, we are having a unit training, so several of us are going to surprise her at lunch. What a tragedy that she has to have cancer, but so much good has come from this illness. And she is such an incredible fighter. Never a complaint - just pride in what she has accomplished. She can get from the bed to the wheelchair. From the wheelchair to the potty. Can have a bowel movement on her own. Can dress herself now. Can catherterize (sp?) herself, because the bladder still doesn't work. I should have her attitude.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger julie said...

Patsy, I am so excited about what is happening in Karen's life. You have been Jesus to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home