Dance with me

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter, resurrection and missing

Today was a good day. Flowered the cross during class. Beautiful scene. Many kneeling to put their flowers on the cross. Some with tears. Our class was very aware of our losses over the last year and a half...Kerri and Brody. The resurrection is what gives us hope with loss. Today I felt the loss of Kerri very acutely...it felt sharp and real and a little too close. Communion with small group also felt sharp and real and a little too close. It is because it made me think of Kerri and how she should be there in our circle. I needed Easter today.
After reading that you may feel like it was not a good day but it was.
Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger pawatson said...

Julie, I have lost some dear friends to death over the years, and the hole they left in my life makes me know a little of what you must be feeling about Kerri. I know you two were very close, so I will add a special prayer of grace for you today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home