Dance with me

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just a Tuesday on Spring Break

I meant to ask all of you if you are reading anything interesting. Tell me if you are. I love suggestions.

I am annoyed this morning because I am off all week and I thought that calling on Monday morning for hair appointment would be early enough to get an appointment. My hairstylist was off on Monday and will be on Friday and she is booked every day inbetween. I work Monday through Friday and it is almost impossible to get in. I can take a lunch appointment but then I have to leave early from work and get back late after lunch and inevitably some elderly woman is annoyed that I have encroached on her time slot. I can sometimes go on Wednesday after work but that encroaches on my time with the 6th grade girls. The salon is closed on Saturday. I love my hairstylist but I think I am going to have find a new one because I hate the stress of working out an appointment. Any suggestions here?

Work is going well. We have our temporary doctor and our permanent nurse practitioner and I love them both.

Sunday morning Mike Cope resigned as the minister at the Highland Church. So sad but I know that it will all be good in the end. They are staying in Abilene. I don't think I could've stood losing Diane. There is a lot more to it than what I am saying but it is all good...no bad undercurrents.

I hope the rest of Spring Break is better.

9 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You should've gone to see Dede while you were here!

I am just beginning "The Third Jesus" by Deepak Chopra on audiobook. (I've been driving a lot.) It is so deep I keep having to rewind. I'm looking forward to Laurie Notaro's next book to keep my balance.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm reading loads of interesting books: The Count of Monte Cristo; the complete correspondence of Robert Lowell and Elizabeth Bishop; A Homemade Life, which I just started and which looks completely delicious; and Andy Crouch's Culture Making. And I have a brand-new book with the hilariously provocative title of Jane Austen Ruined My Life. Can't wait to start that one! (Yes, I know I'm out of control. But I'm always in the middle of two to five books at the same time.)

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger BrenOaks said...

No reading right now- just holding a baby every chance I get. :) Being a Mike Cope fan, I am so sad for you and for Highland. I may have been late for a few classes while at ACU, but did my best to never be late for church at Highland.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Bobbie said...

"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger julie said...

Bobbie, that is one of the books I have read this year so far and I loved it. I am not surprised that we would love the same books.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger John said...

I've been reading Stephen Hunter, a very "manly" author. Shoot em up, and stuff like that. Very intense stories though.

My hairdresser lives in my shower so I've got no suggestions for you. Sorry.

Miss you guys. I was there about this time last year and I had a great time. Hope you don't need anything else hung for a while.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger julie said...

Well, now that you mention it, we just ripped out our carpet in our family room and we in the process of painting and having some work done to remove some crazy 60's things and then we are having new carpet put in when we are done.....then, you can come and help us hang things...it will be perfect timing.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Malia said...

I'm sure you've probably read this already but I'll throw it out there anyway. I just finished reading The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I was blown away by it. It's a great story but at the same time really makes you think about your place in the world, about the assumptions we make based on how & where we were raised & the color of our skin.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Clarissa said...

Hey there! I am blogging again...
Hope you got your hair done by someone or other...
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home